Saturday 9 July 2016

Waiting for the Grand Depart

My bike is back from Stonehenge Cycles and it's all shiny and serviced.  I went out for a 10 mile ride to check it out and it's clearly all ready to go.



The real question is am I?

Training's done and we set off on Monday at 6.30. The training has been "fun" . Saturdays and Sundays this year have mostly been 6.30am meets for increasingly long rides. I have ridden on my own at times but mostly with others Anne-Marie and Jason of course but also Simon, Forest, Caroline and the Mighty Men. It has made such a difference to my ability to get up each morning so thank you it's been a huge help.

My house is littered with Lycra, bikes and bike parts and I have been out for hours each week. The family have been supportive and can't wait to see me at the finish line.

This weekend is just about taking it easy and loading up a few carbs, fish and potato salad tonight.

Then we are off on Monday at 6.30pm. Cycling up to Bradford Upon Avon, over to the Severn, cross the bridge into Wales and then on to Pontypool.

We are planning to keep you posted on our progress here but also on Twitter. Look for us under #abicare500



No comments:

Post a Comment